Charters, Tours & Sightseeing Services
Motorcoach tours offer worry-free
travel. With an experienced driver and tour escort working onboard, you have little to do except sit back and relax and enjoy the scenery. Motorcoach tours allow you to really see the country and yes, getting there is half the fun. Motorcoach tours are now enjoyed by a wide range of age and interest groups. Tour motorcoaches are luxurious highway vehicles equipped with upholstered seating, scenic windows, video and stereo equipment, and a restroom all for your comfort and convenience. Rely on the expertise of a tour operator to package appropriate accommodations, transportation and cultural diversions. Tour operators can create customized experiences for a day trip, weekend excursion or a vacation package. When choosing a tour operator, choose one that is reliable, professional, offers outstanding customer service, meets all your needs and is affordable.
- Motorcoaches provide 184 passenger miles per gallon (MPG), commuter rail gets 86 passenger MPG, Transit buses achieve 32 Passenger MPG, domestic air carriers achieve 42 passenger MPG, and single-passenger automobiles achieve 28 passenger MPG.
- Motorcoaches emit the least carbon dioxide per passenger mile when compared to other vehicles, and are on average 6 times more energy and fuel-efficient than single occupancy automobiles.
- Carbon dioxide emissions are reduced by an average of 85% per passenger mile for every person who chooses motorcoach travel instead of driving alone.
- Motorcoaches are 3 times more efficient in reducing CO2 output when compared to commuter rail, and 5 times more efficient than transit buses.
Putting America In Motion
- The motorcoach industry binds the nation together. There are 3 times as many motorcoach terminals nationwide as there are airports and intercity rail terminals.
- Each full motorcoach has the potential of removing 55 autos from the highway.
- The motorcoach industry is made up of nearly 3,800 businesses, 75 percent of which operate fewer than 10 vehicles.
- The total industry fleet of 39,000 vehicles provides charter, tour, sightseeing, airport shuttle, commuter, and scheduled services.
Motorcoaches Reflect U.S. Diversity
- For more than 14 million rural U.S. residents, motorcoaches are the only available mode of intercity commercial transportation service, going where air and rail do not.
- Motorcoaches serve as the nation’s strategic transportation reserve during times of crisis.
- Business executives use motorcoaches for accessible transportation.
- Disabled persons rely on motorcoaches for accessible transportation.
- Motorcoaches serve as intermodal links for everything from airport shuttles to rail hubs.
- Students and seniors use motorcoaches for educational trips, sports outings, and cultural and historical destinations.
Motorcoaches Drive The Economy
- More than 2,000 new motorcoaches are manufactured each year at an average purchase price of $450,000.
- The production of motorcoaches creates 15,000 jobs in the manufacturing and supplier industries.
- Motorcoach traveler and tourist demand generates more than $44 billion annually in economic transactions.
- The demand for goods and services created by motorcoach travel generates employment for more than 750,000 people.
- One motorcoach spending one night at a destination generates as much as $12,000 for the local economy in meals, lodging, and other spending.
Motorcoaches Are Among The Safest Vehicles
- Motorcoach passenger safety is our top priority, and the government’s own data show that bus travel is among the safest forms of surface transportation.
- 631 million passengers ride motorcoaches annually, and the industry’s safety record of 0.05 fatalities per 100 million passenger miles traveled documents the safety of bus travel.
- Motorcoach safety engineers strive for constant improvement, driven always by sound science and data.
- "The motorcoach industry continues to have one of the best safety records across all transportation modes. I appreciate the good work operators are demonstrating when it comes to safety” – FMCSA Administrator John Hill, BUSRide, September 2007, p. 32.
Mobiity Without Taxpayer Subsidy
- Motorcoaches provide cost-effective mobility to millions of Americans at virtually no cost to taxpayers, while other transportation sectors receive billions in federal subsidies.
- As a percentage of federal transportation subsidies, motorcoaches have received 0.3 percent of the total taxpayer pie during the past decade. Mass transit has captured 55 percent of the total, while air travel has received 37 percent of this total. Kewl Tours is a Proud Member of the American Bus Association The American Bus Association is the trade organization of the intercity bus industry with more than 1,000 motorcoach owner and tour company members in the United States and Canada. Its members operate charter tour, regular route, airport express, special operations and contract services. Another 2,800 members are travel and tourism organizations and suppliers of bus products and services who work in partnership with the North American motorcoach industry.
- "Comparisons of Energy Use and Emissions from Different Transportation Modes,” by MJ Bradley and Associates, available at www.buses.org.
- ”2006 Motorcoach Impact Study,” by Nathan & Associates, available at www.buses.org.