KEWL CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Join our Kewl family! Please submit your resume and salary requirements to: amanda (@) kewlinc.com
Area Sales Representative
Responsible for all sales activities, from lead through close in an assigned territory. Develops and implements agreed upon Marketing Plan which will meet both personal and business goals of expanding customer base in the marketing area. Works within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values.
Typical Duties / Responsibilities
- Responsible for the sales of transportation and tours services tailored exclusively to client needs.
- Demonstrates technical selling skills and aquired product knowledge in all areas listed above that allows Sales Associate to give effective presentation of charter passenger transportation and tours.
- Develops annual business plan in conjunction with Sales Manager, which details activities to follow during the fiscal year, which will focus the Sales Associate on meeting or exceeding sales quota.
- Complete understanding of pricing and proposal models.
- Demonstrates the ability to carry on a business conversation with travel group leaders, churches, schools, business owners and decision makers.
- Maximizes all opportunities in the process of closing a sale resulting in the taking of market share from larger competitors.
- Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to their transportation, entertainment and travel issues.
- Develops a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face cold calling on business owners, direct mail, email, and networking.
- Assists in the implementation of company marketing plans as needed.
- Creates and conducts effective proposal presentations and RFP responses that identify prospects needs and our solutions to their needs.
- Responsible for sourcing and developing client relationships and referrals. Demonstrates the ability to gather, submit detailed business information for underwriting, pricing, and presentation of solutions to identified prospects' transportation needs.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory, including the use of Microsoft Outlook to maintain accurate records to maximize territory potential.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
Relationships and Roles
- Maintain contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of Client Satisfaction.
- Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments.
- 4-6 years of sales experience.
- Experience with complex organizations.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of Supplier Relationship Management.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Willingness to travel and work in a team of professionals.
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
Under general supervision, performs various tasks relating to the transport of passengers aboard motor coaches.
Typical Duties / Responsibilities
- Operates a motor coach safely and efficiently.
- Follows specific regularly scheduled routes, charter routes or responds to requests from dispatch or management for unscheduled pick-ups or drop-offs.
- Assists passengers in boarding and exiting vehicle.
- Assists with loading, unloading and moving luggage, packages and other items as needed.
- Monitors traffic and weather conditions and notifies dispatch of potential problems.
- Reports accidents or other safety situations to dispatch.
- Counts money and makes correct change for passenger fares and parking at pickup locations.
- Inspects exterior and interior of vehicle at beginning of each shift for properly operating headlights, turn signals, brake lights, interior courtesy lamps, air-conditioning or heating, warning lamps, mirror adjustment, properly inflated tires, windshield wipers, vehicle damage, etc. prior to moving vehicle. Accurately completes a DVIR (Daily Vehicle Inspection Report) on a daily basis and turns into maintenance shop if problems exist.
- Responsible for ensuring inside and outside of vehicle are properly cleaned and fueled on an ongoing basis.
- Keeps interior of vehicle neat and orderly.
- Accurately completes driver trip sheet for each shift with information including vehicle number, number of passengers, pick-up and drop-off times, mileages, fares, destinations, etc.
- Learns and provides guests and passengers with appropriate information regarding emergency evacuation procedures.
- Treats all guests, customers, and other persons in a courteous, friendly and professional manner.
- Required to report to work in an authorized company uniform.
- Required to meet all dress code and grooming standards as set forth by the company.
- Also may be required to perform other related duties as requested.
- Education: No formal education required.
- Experience: Some motorcoach, school bus or large vehicle experience preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledgeable about Mid Atlantic region, Baltimore and Washington, DC areas.
- Licenses: Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Class "B" or Class "A" Commercial Driver's License ("CDL") with a Passenger ("P") endorsement. Must have a satisfactory driving record with a minimum of 5 years driving experience in the United States. Also must pass a criminal background investigation. Special Requirements: Must be at least twenty-five (25) years of age. Must be able to obtain Department of Transportation ("DOT") Medical Certification and successfully complete a Drug screening process. Must also be available to work flexible hours.
- Must be able to sustain a work load consisting of exerting 20 to 50 or more pounds of force occasionally (occurring up to 1/3 of the time), and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently (occurring 1/3 to 2/3 of the time), and or greater than negligible up to ten pounds of force constantly (occurring 2/3 of the time) to move objects.
- Must be able to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and percentages for calculating passenger fares, providing change and completing trip sheets.
- Must be able to safely and efficiently operate a motorcoach.
- Must be able to communicate by telephone, two-way radio and in person in clear fluent English in a courteous, friendly and professional manner with customers, guests, co-workers and other persons.
- Must be able to learn annd remember pick-up and destination points serviced by the fleet including lodging, entertainment and attraction sites.